Terms of Service
Important Terms for Counsel ($CNSL)
Counsel ($CNSL) is the personal token of Reuben Bramanathan. It exists on the Ethereum blockchain at 0xea0bea4d852687c45fdc57f6b06a8a92302baabc and the maximum supply of $CNSL is 1,000.
You can redeem 1 $CNSL for 1 hour of my time by sending it to 0x0a9d7329ad9bdf90154d4e19655f312e32ebd8c1. Unless you and I agree otherwise, the minimum redemption size is 0.5 $CNSL for 30 minutes of my time.
I can provide any of the listed services or any other services that you and I both agree on.
I cannot provide legal representation, legal advice or enter into an attorney-client relationship with you. I would be happy to introduce you to attorneys who may be able to represent you.
I will do my best to schedule time to complete the work for you, but I can’t always guarantee that I will be available immediately.
All $CNSL tokens will expire at 11:59pm Pacific Time on 31 December 2024 and cannot be redeemed after that time.
I will give at least 24 hours notice via Twitter of any additional minting of $CNSL or release of any additional $CNSL into the market
Please read the full Terms of Service below. By buying or redeeming $CNSL you are agreeing to the Terms of Service. If you have any questions, please contact me before buying or redeeming $CNSL.
Terms of Service for Counsel ($CNSL)
These Terms of Service (“Terms”) form a binding legal agreement between each person who holds or has redeemed Counsel ($CNSL) tokens (“you”) and Reuben Bramanathan (“Consultant”). Counsel tokens exist on the Ethereum blockchain at 0xea0bea4d852687c45fdc57f6b06a8a92302baabc.
1. By acquiring or holding $CNSL, you have the following rights:
1.1 to redeem $CNSL for Consultant’s services; and
1.2 to sell, transfer, lend, gift, burn or otherwise deal with $CNSL tokens as you see fit. This right is enforced by the $CNSL smart contract and the Ethereum blockchain and is noted here for completeness.
2. These Terms do not impose any obligations or liability on you if all you do is acquire, buy, sell or hold $CNSL. Redemption of $CNSL is subject to the terms set forth below.
Minting, burning and max supply of $CNSL
3. There is a maximum of 1,000 $CNSL tokens that will ever exist. Consultant may mint more $CNSL at any time, provided the maximum supply is not exceeded.
4. Consultant may burn any amount of $CNSL held by Consultant at any time. Consultant does not have the right or ability to burn $CNSL that Consultant does not hold.
5. The above rights are enforced by the $CNSL smart contract and the Ethereum blockchain and are noted here for completeness.
6. You can redeem $CNSL by sending it to the redemption address: 0x0a9d7329ad9bdf90154d4e19655f312e32ebd8c1.
7. You cannot redeem $CNSL for any services that:
7.1 are not listed at bramanathan.com or otherwise agreed between you and Consultant prior to redemption;
7.2 are prohibited by the laws or regulations of any jurisdiction(s) that you or Consultant are subject to; or
7.3 would require Consultant to assist in or provide advice about how to commit, or avoid detection or prosecution for the commission of, any illegal act in any jurisdiction.
8. If you attempt to redeem $CNSL in contravention of the requirements listed in section 7 above, Consultant reserves the right to refuse to provide Services and not refund any $CNSL that you have redeemed.
9. In order to avoid any doubt, Consultant may require you to sign a message from the same Ethereum address that you redeemed $CNSL from. This will only be required if there is any doubt or dispute about the person(s) claiming to have made the redemption transaction.
10. All $CNSL tokens will expire at 11:59pm Pacific Time on 31 December 2024. After this time, the tokens will still exist in the smart contract on the Ethereum blockchain, but you will not be able to redeem them for Consultant’s services.
11. Provided that the above criteria are met, Consultant agrees to provide professional services (“Services”) to any person who redeems $CNSL, on the terms set forth in these Terms.
12. Consultant agrees to donate 10% of the gross revenue that Consultant realizes from sales of $CNSL to .
Performing the Services
13. Consultant will make best efforts in good faith to provide the Services to you as soon as possible after you redeem $CNSL. Consultant does not guarantee availability or provide any commitment about when Consultant will be able to provide the Services to you.
14. If at any time you attempt to procure Consultant to provide Services in contravention of the requirements in section 7 above, Consultant reserves the right to cease to provide Services and not to refund any $CNSL that you have redeemed.
Independent Contractor Relationship
15. Consultant's relationship with you will be that of an independent contractor, and nothing in these Terms intended to, or should be construed to create a partnership, agency, joint venture, or employment relationship. Consultant is not entitled to any employee benefits from you. Consultant will provide and use their own computer and all other equipment required to perform services for you.
16. YOU AGREE THAT ANY REDEMPTION OF $CNSL AND THE RELATED ENGAGEMENT IS NOT INTENDED TO CREATE, AND SUCH REDEMPTION OR ENGAGEMENT DOES NOT CONSTITUTE, AN ATTORNEY-CLIENT RELATIONSHIP. YOU ARE NOT ENGAGING CONSULTANT AS YOUR LAWYER , AND CONSULTANT WILL NOT PROVIDE LEGAL ADVICE OR REPRESENTATION TO YOU.
17. Apart from redeeming $CNSL, you do not have to pay any other fees for the Services.
Ownership of Work Product
18. Consultant agrees that any and all work product developed by Consultant alone or in conjunction with others in connection with the performance of services pursuant to these Terms is and shall be your sole property, and Consultant shall retain no ownership, interest, or rights therein. Work product includes but is not limited to reports, graphics, memoranda, presentations, email and letter correspondence between Consultant and you, and between Consultant and third parties on behalf of you.
19.. "Confidential Information" means any and all technical and nontechnical information including patent, copyright, trade secret, proprietary information, designs, business plans, all files and client information related to any of your past, current, future, and proposed business, without limitation, your property, and your information concerning customers, research, financial information, purchasing, business forecasts, sales and merchandising, and marketing plans and information, whether in digital or physical format.
20. Consultant agrees to protect the confidentiality of all of your Confidential Information and, except as permitted in this section, Consultant shall neither use nor disclose the Confidential Information. Consultant may use the Confidential Information solely to perform the Services under these Terms for your benefit.
21. Consultant's obligations above with respect to any portion of the Confidential Information shall not apply to any such portion that Consultant can demonstrate (a) was in the public domain at or subsequent to the time such portion was communicated to Consultant by you (b) was rightfully in Consultant's possession free of any obligation of confidence at or subsequent to the time such portion was communicated to Consultant by you or (c) was developed by Consultant independently of and without reference to any information communicated to Consultant by you.
Limitation of Liability
22. YOU AGREE, TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW, TO LIMIT THE LIABILITY OF CONSULTANT TO YOU FOR ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LOSSES, COSTS, EXPENSES, OR DAMAGES OF ANY NATURE WHATSOEVER, FROM ANY CAUSE OR CAUSES, SO THAT THE TOTAL AGGREGATE LIABILITY OF CONSULTANT TO YOU SHALL NOT EXCEED THE US DOLLAR EQUIVALENT VALUE OF $CNSL TOKENS REDEEMED BY YOU AT THE TIME OF REDEMPTION. IT IS INTENDED THAT THIS LIMITATION APPLY TO ANY AND ALL LIABILITY OR CAUSES OF ACTION HOWEVER ALLEGED OR ARISING, UNLESS OTHERWISE SPECIFICALLY PROHIBITED BY LAW. ALL CLAIMS AGAINST CONSULTANT SHALL BE DEEMED WAIVED UNLESS MADE IN WRITING AND RECEIVED BY CONSULTANT WITHIN ONE MONTH AFTER COMPLETION OF THE SERVICES WITH RESPECT TO WHICH THE CLAIM IS BEING MADE.
23. NOTWITHSTANDING ANY PROVISION IN THESE TERMS TO THE CONTRARY, NO PARTY SHALL BE LIABLE HEREUNDER FOR ANY CONSEQUENTIAL, SPECIAL OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES (INCLUDING LOST PROFITS).
24. YOU ACCEPT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT THERE ARE RISKS ASSOCIATED WITH HOLDING OR USING $CNSL OR USING THE ETHEREUM NETWORK, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, THE RISK OF LOSING ACCESS TO YOUR ETHEREUM ADDRESS DUE TO LOSS OF PRIVATE KEYS, SEED WORDS OR OTHER CREDENTIALS, AND THE RISK OF UNKNOWN VULNERABILITIES IN THE $CNSL SMART CONTRACT CODE OR THE ETHEREUM NETWORK PROTOCOL. YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND ACCEPT ALL SUCH RISKS AND AGREE THAT CONSULTANT IS NOT RESPONSIBLE AND IS NOT LIABLE FOR ANY LOSS OF VALUE YOU MAY EXPERIENCE AS A RESULT. YOU ACCEPT AND ACKNOWLEDGE THAT CONSULTANT WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR ANY LOSSES, FAILURES, DISRUPTIONS, ERRORS, DISTORTIONS OR DELAYS YOU MAY EXPERIENCE WHEN HOLDING OR USING $CNSL HOWEVER CAUSED.
These terms are completely free to copy, modify and use. You can find a template version of them here